Thursday, July 10, 2014

I think my scale is broken

Last post I was avoiding the scale like the plague. Well last night I weighted myself because I signed up for a dietbet.  I hopped on and the scale read 181 lbs.  I knew it would be up, especially since I was weighing myself in the evening and after dinner.  But this is only 2.8 lbs higher than right before vacation.  Woohoo!

I knew I would have to weigh myself in the morning to get a more accurate weigh-in.  So this morning I woke up grudgingly, walked Rosalie, turned on the Keurig, and hopped on the scale.

177.2  

Nope.  Stepped off and stepped on again

177.2

What?  No way...that is impossible.  That is 1 lb less than right before vacation.  I just don't know what to think.  Is my scale broken?  Did I lose all my muscle?  I definitely don't think I ate less than I was burning.  Did I gain and then I was so scared of how much I gained that I already lost it and then some?  Doubtful. I just don't know.  Either way I'm happy with how my body is feeling again and I am just going to keep on going!

In the last post I also mentioned my need to lots of motivation!  Well I think I have that now!  As I said earlier I signed up for dietbet that another weight loss blogger is hosting.  I had taken a break from dietbets after losing all my winnings from previous dietbets and not willing to lose more.  I don't know what in me decided it was time to get back into it but I joined at the cost of $35 dollars.  I am now in control of whether or not I'll get that money back.  To get that moola back, I have to lose 4 % by early August.  I weighed in last night since the dietbet started today.  At 181 lbs, I have to get down to 173.8.  But after this morning's weight-in that is only 3.4 lbs away!  Winning this dietbet will be just so much sweeter if I can beat it and then some!  Why not go for 4% from 171.2?  I am going to set the goal for myself to be into the 160s by the time this diet bet ends!  I mean Why settle?

To help me reach my dietbet goal, I signed up for a 5k this weekend.  This was probably a crazy idea especially since I haven't been running much for the last two weeks.  I won't be beating any personal records.  My goal is to just pass the finish line and get a good workout in to help me to my long term goal.

I think I am sufficiently motivated for the time being!  Wish me luck and I'll report back how my 5k went next week!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment