Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I'm a loser! All I do is Win Win Win!

Its may be Tuesday but the second worst day of the week next to Monday but I am all smiles!

I am a loser!  I have scale and non-scale victories today!

Round 1 of the 6 month Dietbet was a success!  I won $16.21!  I knew I was going to win that one and next was the 4% in 28 days.  I had to be at 170.7 lbs to win.  I ran 6 miles during my long run Saturday and took a rest day Sunday.  The scale Monday morning read 173.6lbs. WHAT? UGH!  I was so sad.  My dietbet was ending and I wasn't going to make it!  How could I be up!  I was under on my calories!  I read up on long runs and how your muscles will swell as they repair themselves causing you to retain water but it should dissipate a couple days after.  So I crossed my fingers and drank a lot of water yesterday and very closely watched my eating and sodium intake.  This morning I stepped on the scale with all my fingers and toes crossed and it said 170.6 lbs!  Thank you! Yes, Please!  So I quickly snapped my pictures for my official weigh-in and it has been verified that I won!  by 0.1lbs but I'll take it!  I'll find out how much I won Thursday morning and hoping to get some new running shoes this weekend to celebrate!

Half Marathon Training is going!  I did 6 miles this weekend!  New personal best distance!  I really pushed myself and am proud of this run!  I did walk a couple of times but for good reasons such as my ankle or shins started to hurt.  I walked for a little bit and then picked it back up.  Looking forward to 7 miles this weekend!  During my Monday Easy Runs I've decided to start working the hills workout on my apartment treadmill to start building some different muscles so I can beat the Harbor bridge in November!  Hopefully this will make the bridge a little less intimidating.  

At the office today I was asked if I've lost weight!  Yes, almost 50 lbs!  It feels good that people can say they have to take a second look to make sure it's me!  Yes it's me,  I've always been this person on the inside, you just couldn't see it because there was some extra baggage I was carrying.  Do me a favor and compliment a person today!  Sometimes we are so obsessed with ourselves and what we are doing and just saying a kind word or catching up with a friend and asking about their day can make all the difference and make their day great!  Even if it is a Tuesday!

Finally,  would you be interested in some of my favorite recipes?  Need some help planning ahead for the week to help you make good decisions?  I'm thinking about sharing what I make every weekend for the week so help me keep on track.  Tell me if this sounds like a good idea.  Would you like it different posts?  Maybe I'll make a page with my favorite go to recipes.  Thinking out loud here

Well quick and dirty post today.  Just wanted to share some victories that made my Tuesday!  Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment