Sunday, December 28, 2014

2015 New Year Resolutions

Who is ready for 2015!?

Are you ready with you New Years Resolutions for 2015?  I did a lot of thinking and I decided to make some difference resolutions.  These resolutions are really all my goals for 2015.

Here are my 15 goals for 2015!


1. Run Another Half Marathon
-I have really been slacking on keeping my mileage up. I would like to do another half marathon to make sure I keep my mileage up and I enjoyed the thought of working towards a specific event
2. Whole 30
-More on this below
3. Go Kayaking or paddleboarding
- I live by the water and why haven't I done this yet?
4. Watch a Sunrise at the beach
-See above
5. Plan a Budget/make the most of our money
-I would like to really make a budget and see if we can spend money wiser in areas.
6. Newbie Triathlon
-I would really like to try a triathlon event!
7. Painting Class
-I've always wanted to take one of those wine and canvas classes!
8. Star gazing at the beach
-The national seashore near us has a star gazing area that I would love to check out
9. Get Married
-Ek! This is the year! We are currently less than 4 months away!
10. Visit a Texas Brewery or Winery
-I want to explore more of Texas really and this seams like a good way to do that
11. Try 2 new Vegetables
-You know how you get to food ruts? I would like to expand my vegatables
12. Visit 2 new state parks
-Rosalie loves going new places and what better way to explore more of texas with my furchild
13. Run at least 5 5ks
-I really think 5ks are a great distance and I love getting out there and running with a group of strangers while feeling like one of the team.
14. Read 4 books
- I have a long list of books to read!
15. Bike to Watergardens and back
-I would love to bike to our downtown area from my apartment and back. It is about 8 miles to get there and I think it is completely do able but may have to work on my bike mileage first before I try the there AND back.

Okay guys I want you to keep me accountable and I will keep you up to date as I work on these goals!

Whole 30:

Okay so i read "It starts with food" after it was recommended to me. I found the book really interesting and started thinking about trying this nutrition reset. After dieting for a while and really learning more about my body I know that sugar really has a strong affect on me. I have thought about trying a no sugar added diet before. I encourage you to read the book and check out the Whole30 website. The diet is very restrictive, I am not going to lie. But I think it will be a good challenge as I am only months away from the big day and am still very far from my goal. So here is what I will be cutting out.

"Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, coconut sugar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc. Read your labels, because companies sneak sugar into products in ways you might not recognize. 
Do not consume alcohol in any form, not even for cooking. (And it should go without saying, but no tobacco products of any sort, either.) 
Do not eat grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, millet, bulgur, sorghum, amaranth, buckwheat, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa. This also includes all the ways we add wheat, corn and rice into our foods in the form of bran, germ, starch and so on. Again, read your labels. 
Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds (black, red, pinto, navy, white, kidney, lima, fava, etc.), peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter, either. This also includes all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin). 
Do not eat dairy. This includes cow, goat or sheep’s milk products such as cream, cheese (hard or soft), kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream… with the exception of clarified butter or ghee. 
Do not consume carrageenan, MSG or sulfites. If these ingredients appear in any form on the label of your processed food or beverage, it’s out for the Whole30. 
Do not try to re-create baked goods,  junk foods, or treats* with “approved” ingredients. Continuing to eat your old, unhealthy foods made with Whole30 ingredients is totally missing the point, and will tank your results faster than you can say “Paleo Pop-Tarts.” Remember, these are the same foods that got you into health-trouble in the first place—and a pancake is still a pancake, regardless of the ingredients. "

So now you may be saying "Gretchen, you are nuts! there is no way you will be able to do that. What will you eat?" Veggies, fruits, protein, and fats. That's not so bad and it is only for 30 days! I plan on starting Janruary 1st as a great kickstart to 2015. I'm not saying it will be easy but i think it will be a good change of pace and hopefully I learn something new. I hope to track my food and impressions daily and will report at least once a week on how the Whole30 is going. Christmas had it's ups and downs and I haven't checked where I am at weight wise yet. I will document my weight and inches. Anyone else interested in a reset to begin 2015?

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment