Thursday, September 4, 2014

I look Svelte?

So today I was told that "I looked Svelte."

If you are like me then you had no idea if it was a compliment or criticism.  They then told that it meant that I looked fit.  Oh how nice! So I googled it because now it's my favorite word!  

Svelte (according to Merriam-Webster)
  :thin in an attractive or graceful way

Wow, that IS a compliment!  I always have a hard time accepting or reacting to compliments so I brushed it off and said thank you and went on with my work.  As I kept thinking about this word, I love it more and more!  I appreciate this comment so much and it will definitely fuel me through my trip to Indy this weekend as I try to keep on track!  

So, I weighted myself this morning and remember one of my goals?  160s before Indy?  Yep, done.  169.8 When I get back the scale better still in the 160s!  After all I only have 10 days before my next weight-in for my 6 month Dietbet!  

In other news, Map my fitness sent me my August Workout Summary and guess what?  I ran/walked over 100 miles last month!  I don't really know how that compares to anything but I just thought it was cool.  Along with exercise, I went to 6 am row class again Tuesday and I am starting to like it!  Once you get past the whole actually having to get up it isn't so bad.  It also helps that all the people are regulars and are extremely welcoming!  I enjoy being a part of this early morning community!

Lately, there has been a lot of bad news in my family about health and it really makes you grateful for what you have.  It's a reminder to enjoy the time you have, don't take it for granted.  What you do today, decides how you do tomorrow!  Some health problems, you can't prevent or change and it's hard to accept.  But some you can!  This completely goes along with weight loss.  So many diseases and health problems are related to being over weight and these are preventable!  Before I started losing, I was so big that doctors would test me over and over again for diabetes.  They were sure with my height and weight that I was doomed for this disease.  This was a scary time.  Everyday I am thankful that my parents gave me pretty great genes and that I can make healthy changes that can reduced my health risks.  I am so grateful for fiance, my dog, my family, my friends, and especially my health.  

Well things got a little deep but I hope this helps someone.  Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment